Monday 13 February 2012

Small post to say...

I'VE FINALLY SEEN THE ARTIST!

I'm not going to review it because it will be nothing people haven't already heard about the film and I'd end up using the phrase 'who says Hollywood doesn't make them like they use to?' or something else completely cheesy.

But nonetheless I thought The Artist was fun, never boring, beautifully shot and absolutely stunning.
Both Jean Dujardin and Bérénice Bejo give outstanding performances that are delightful to watch.
And Uggie is fantastic!








The music is charming and definitely kept me hooked throughout it. I loved the opening credits, which made me feel a little nostalgic, even though I wasn't around in the 1920s to see silent films, I still loved the way it was presented.The dance scene right at the end has possible made it into my favourite scenes and I can't wait to see it again. The ending was the cherry on top for me, it's gorgeous!

I walked out of the cinema with a huge smile on my face and it hasn't faded- I completely adored it!
Of course, it's not for everyone's taste and can understand people demanding refunds if they didn't expect the black and white film to be silent. (The cinema guy who ripped my ticket had to ask if I knew the film's premise just in case!)

I'm rooting for it to win most Oscars in a few weeks that's for sure!

If you're like me and have been dying to see it, make sure you do in cinema! You won't regret it.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...