Friday 9 November 2012

Top 5 dance scenes

One of my favourite things in film is a good dance number. Either an all out musical or a film with a really awesome, random dance scene. I have quite a few favourite dance scenes, but I thought I would think of 5 great ones for a blog post.

The Artist - George and Peppy

I couldn't believe my smile could get any bigger while I was watching The Artist, but once I reached this scene I seemed to just explode. It's glorious. I have since tried to recreate the dance scene myself but have not been successful.



Singin' In The Rain - Mose Suposes

There are so many dance scenes from Singin' In The Rain that are worthy, but if I included all of my favourites, it would be a Singin' In The Rain top 5.


Funny Face

Audrey Hepburn loved ballet and dancing but sadly, not enough film roles allowed her to show her dance talents. This piece from Funny Face shows what she could do. I love the little solo from Hepburn at 2:36.



Top Hat - Isn't This A Lovely Day (To Be Caught In The Rain)

I adore Fred and Ginger, especially in Top Hat and Isn't This A Lovely Day just fills me with joy. I wish I could dance like this inside when it rains and look at pretty as Ginger Rogers does in horse riding gear.



A Knight's Tale - Golden Years

I don't know why this dance scene entertains me so much, but I remember being amazed by it and the film in general when I was younger. It might be Heath Ledger's complete charm throughout the whole film that makes it special.



Honourable mentions:

The Muppets - Life's A Happy Song

This is a bit of a bonus. The whole song is obviously wonderful, but I love the little 30 second dance scene in the street with Jason Segel. Annoyingly, I can't find it on youtube as it happens just after this clip below, but the one next to it shows dancers performing it on Dancing With The Stars and it's even better.


Top Hat - Top Hat, White Tie and Tails.
Fred Astaire's solo is absolutely magnificent, but the shooting scene from 3:22 - 4:00 always gets me giggling.



What are your favourite dance scenes or musical numbers in film?
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Excellent choices! I love all of these (I'm not a big fan of A Knight's Tale but I was watching that scene on youtube recently because I love the Bowie song). Obviously I /love/ The Muppets scene as well, I think I cried a little bit when I first saw it because it was so overwhelming happy. (Speaking of crying being overwhelmed, I cried at Anna Karenina too because the ballroom scene was so beautiful) However my favourite dance scene at the moment is "All I Do is Dream of You" from Singin' in the Rain, I really want to learn that dance soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never did reply to this comment!
      I remember being young and really enjoying that dance scene from A Knight's Tale- I don't really know why!
      I love that overwhelming happy feeling, especially when films surpass your expectations.
      All I Do Is Dream Of You is great too, like I said EVERY dance in Singin' In The Rain is marvellous and I would like to do a top dance scenes from Singin' In The Rain, but then it'd just be every one.

      Delete
  2. I thought of another of my favourites! The 'Hot Honey Rag' from the end of Chicago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx6Rgn1ioAk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Great list, loving the inclusion of Audrey Hepburn’s number in Funny Face and the dance scene of A Knight’s Tale, that I particularly enjoyed because 1) I’m a Bowie fan, and 2) I really liked the fashion featured on that film! I even plan on writing a blog post about that sometime. Anyway, cool blog! I was looking trough Hellocotton’s directory searching for new blogs to read and found yours. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment Violetta! I appreciate it.
      A Knight's Tale is a great film, one of my favourites I think!

      Thanks so much, I just followed you back on Hellocotten! I am excited to read your new posts! Happy New Year by the way!

      Delete
  4. Good day! Let me first highlight the fact that you definitely have built a cool blog. In addition to that I would like to ask you a question which is highly exciting to me. Did you participate in some competitions that involve online blogs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much!
      Erm, I don't believe I did- how comes?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...