Tuesday 8 March 2011

Top 5 - Directors (pt. 1)

The title sounds very sad.
I just thought instead of posting reviews all the time, I could do a blog every Tuesday with my Top 5 of something. I'm the kind of person who likes making lists, call me Rob Gordon/Fleming from High Fidelity.

So for my first one I've chosen 'Top 5 favourite and most influential Directors.'
You could say my picks are pretty predictable and very common with most people. But I like the way they direct.
These are my top 5 favourite film directors with two or three of my favourite films or TV shows they've made directed

  1. Christopher Nolan - The Prestige, The Dark Knight, Inception
  2. John Hughes - Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Breakfast Club
  3. Alfred Hitchcock - North By Northwest, Physco, To Catch a Thief
  4. Matthew Vaughn - Kick Ass, Stardust, (Possibly X-Men: First Class? Let's hope)
  5. Edgar Wright - Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Shaun Of The Dead, Spaced (TV series)
It was such a tough decision to come down to just 5, worthy mentions are; James Cameron, Greg Mottola, David Fincher, Danny Boyle and even Ben Stiller- again mostly predictable. I guess if I made a top 10, they would be in it, but that's just being picky and selfish. I'll leave it at 5.

What would be your Top 5 favourite and most influential Directors?
Leave me a comment or let me know via a message or comment if you want :)




PS: Don't forget to vote in my poll for this month, it would be a huge help- thank you!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...