Before I went away, during my holiday and since I’ve been home, there are a few things that I’m doing/watching/reading/etc that I think are worth discussing. So this blog post is something of a ‘things I like (or obsessing over might be a better choice of words) right now’ thing if you will, until I see a new film to review or find something else to inspire me to blog.
1. The ridiculously successful life of Maude Apatow, who recently wrote a piece for HelloGiggles about ‘Falling Out of Love with Twitter’ which I can wholeheartedly relate to. People younger than you can still be role model’s, right?
2. Finally giving Joss Whedon’s enthralling Firefly a go and admiring every single one of the cast members. I also like the fact I can now join Troy and Abed’s club of getting the show back on the air.
3. Reading Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, on holiday, and concluding that the 1994 film adaptation must have added different stories to make a longer duration. Then finding out, from google, that in fact, there are two volumes of the book and I have yet to read the next one to get to the long-awaited proposal between Laurie and Jo.
4. Crying with laughter with my little sis, while watching the newly released gag reel from The Avengers. Cobie Smulders steals the show with her outtake, while Mark Ruffalo’s dropping of a prop and Tom Hiddleston’s Alan Rickman impression are reason enough to re-watch the gag reel at least seven times.
5. Knowing that I will never be able to form a good recreation of any of the dance scenes from the surprisingly good Footloose remake. I can practice the Fake I.D dance scene all I like, it doesn’t change the fact I have no rhythm.
6. Enjoying a piece of brie every lunchtime in France. (Things I don’t like: the affect the brie has on my physique)
7. Downloading The Calling’s 2001 debut album, Camino Palmero, to reminisce being 7.
8. Finding a new favourite beauty product (something that is quite rare for me) in Dream Fresh BB Cream from Maybelline. I don’t rave about beauty stuff often but this cream is a glorious exception.
9. Watching random episodes of How I Met Your Mother and realising that the fondness I have for Jason Segel is larger than I thought.
9a. Finding this video of Segel and Neil Patrick Harris singing a song from Les Mis, increasing my fondness.
10. Discovering I actually had nine things to put in this post, when at first there was only three. Thanks for reading!