Sunday 16 December 2012

7: Christmas Cookies | 12 Days of Blogmas

I have memories as a kid of baking Christmas cookies with my sister and Nan. It was one of my favourite traditions and this year I realised how much I miss doing it. Therefore, to honour our Nan, my sister and I decided to have a go at baking Christmas cookies again.

I'm not very good at baking, so I had to make sure I found the most simple, easiest recipe out there. I used this one from the BBC site.

You need:
  • 100g  unsalted butter
  • 100g caster sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 275g plain flour
  • 1tsp vanilla extract
Optional decorations:
  • Icing sugar
  • Food colouring
  • Cup of water
  • Edible glitter

I don't want to copy the website recipe. If you want to see how to make cookies from these simple ingredients, go to the site here.

Here are some images of making my cookies and the final product!
They were very yummy but I wish we could have found out Christmas Tree cookie cutter! That just means I need to do them again before Christmas!




Do you have any good Christmas recipes? Tweet or comment me them please!
 I love baking sweet treats at Christmas time, something about it feels so comforting when you bake with family and friends.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...