Tuesday 11 January 2011

Orange Rising Star Nominations for BAFTA Award 2011

Hi blog. This isn't a review of a film, just a post about something to do with film. I apologise, but as I haven't been to the cinema since 127 Hours all I've done is revision for upcoming exams so I thought I would take a break to write about The Orange Rising Star award for the BAFTA's this year.

Orange Rising Star Nominations for BAFTA Award 2011


Last year, my vote for Jesse Eisenberg didn't make it and Kristen Stewart won instead. Which is perfectly fine she's a good actress (if she won it for Adventureland, but no she wont it for Twilight instead) it's cool..I'm over it..no honestly I am she kind of deserved it. But I'm more excirted for this year because the nominations are Actors which I've seen lots of their work.

To my delight all 5 nominee's are Actors who I adore, I either fancy them like mad or I've enjoyed their performances over the last few years too.
For anyone who knows me personally or knows me a little bit online knows I have an extreme fondness of Andrew Garfield and Gemma Arterton. Both are two of my favourites Actors and I adore their films they've starred in. My admiration of Aaron Johnson, Emma Stone and Tom Hardy is still pretty strong but I had compare it to Andy and Gem- so I had to let them go.
Now it's taken many hours to get my head together and decide on who to vote for one and after much debate which myself I've finally voted.
My vote might not be that important, but for me it's a peace of mind knowing who I would like to win. I guess I could have used two mobile numbers and voted for each one, but that would have cancelled out each vote and there would be no point.
I wanted to take this time on my blog to mention the greatness of both Andrew Garfield and Gemma Arterton and write about why I adore them both so much.

Andrew Garfield
Andrew first caught my eye in  The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009) and unfortunately it being quite awful, he was one of the only good things about it. I thought he was the cute British boy in in it and I was angry at Lily Cole for not fancying him because I thought he was completely gorgeous. He was confirmed to play Spider Man in the reboot about a 1/4 of the way through 2010 and I was over the moon because I had heard lots of positive feedback that he was a good Actor and remembered him from Dr Parnassus. Then I saw him in The Social Network, Sugar Rush (TV) and a short film called I'm Here in 2010. The Social Network was in my top 5 favourites of 2010 because of it's brilliance, some of which was all down to Andrew.
Andrew as Eduardo in The Social Network (2010)
He stars in Never Let Me Go due for release in a few weeks in the UK, which I'm excited for mostly because I'm reading the book and am thoroughly enjoying it. Andrew Garfield is also a complete gentleman, he's super talented- he's proved he can play many roles already. He's too exceptionally gorgeous. He's been nominated for many other awards already from his previous performances, most of which are his role of Eduardo Saverin in The Social Network and Tommy in Never Let Me Go.

Gemma Arterton
Gemma Arteron as Tamara Drewe
Gemma Arterton is one of my top ladies ever. She's one of my role models and she's an inspiration to me. She's starred in Prince Of Persia, St. Trinians, Clash Of The Titans, The Disappearance of Alice Creed, Tamara Drewe and I'm sure she's going to have a great future. Even though Clash Of The Titans was a complete let down, a disaster of a film, Gemma made it worthwhile and I thought she played her character of Io very well. Though it's been brought up she plays lots of similar roles from Clash Of The Titans and Prince Of Persia- Tamara Drewe and The Disappearance Of Alice Creed prove that theory wrong- though I have yet to see both of them, I've heard good reviews from many people and have faith in their review.

It was such a  tough choice in voting for this-you wouldn't believe.
Especially if you know me well, you would know the effect it has had on me picking out of two of my favourite people in the whole entire world. But I've voted now and I hope either one of them wins to be totally honest.

Emma Stone, Tom Hardy and Aaron Johnson
But I should mention, Aaron Johnson, Emma Stone and Tom Hardy have had a good year too. If you haven't seen any of the films I've listed above, at least watch one of these: Kick Ass or Nowhere Boy (starring Johnson), Easy A or Zombieland (starring Stone), or Inception and Bronson (starring Tom Hardy)

When the winner is announced, if I'm not busy during that week, I'll do a post about the result which should be short.

Hope everyone is well and having a nice week! :D
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I don't get why Tom Hardy is in the running cos he has been on my radar for the last 9 years! lol, Ever since I saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FckGQzqXgpE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me either Amy!
    He's very talanted anyway but I thought he's been round for years!
    Haha, I didn't know he was in that, think I'll have to watch it :')

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...