Tuesday 25 January 2011

Oscar Nominations 2011 List and the Razzie Nominations

Hello my blog. Don't feel as if I've been abusing you lately, I haven't been on the internet properly in a few days down to lots of revision. I have an exam tomorrow that I will spend all evening and night revising for no doubt but I had to come to blog about the Oscar Nominations!
Instead of me posting the full list of nominations click here to see the list.

James Franco and Anne Hathaway are the hosts for the 83rd Academy Awards


I personally think this year the nominations are mostly good choices, most predictable, a few that I don't think should be there but most of which I haven't been lucky enough to see, for example I haven't yet seen The Fighter, True Grit, Tangled, due to them not being released in the UK yet. Then others like, The Kids Are All Right, How To Train Your Dragon, Winter's Bone, which I unfortunately missed at the cinema.

Lets start with the big categories.

Best Actor 
Javier Bardem – Biutiful
Jeff Bridges – True Grit
Jesse Eisenberg – The Social Network
Colin Firth – The King's Speech
James Franco – 127 Hours


Out of the 5 films mentioned, I've only seen 3 to which I thought Jesse Eisenberg was good in The Social Network but James Franco and Colin Firth were amazing and incredible and with the results from The Golden Globes I wouldn't at all be surprised if Colin Firth wins it. He deserves it so much and I think everyone agrees.

Best Actress
Natalie Portman  – Black Swan
Annette Bening  – The Kids Are All Right
Jennifer Lawrence  – Winter's Bone
Michelle Williams  – Blue Valentine
Nicole Kidman  – Rabbit Hole

I'm a bad egg. I've only seen one of these films and that was Black Swan last Friday. To which, Natalie Portman was flawless, beautiful and amazing. The other 4 are sure to do well as I've heard such good reviews from all four- especially Winter's Bone which I am dying to see so much.

Best Director
David O. Russell – The Fighter
Tom Hooper – The King’s Speech
David Fincher – The Social Network
Joel And Ethan Coen – True Grit
Darren Aronofsky – Black Swan
Only three of these five I've seen and I can't call it. The King's Speech is fantastic, brilliant but Darren Aronofsky's development with Black Swan is stunning. And how good is The Social Network? Fantastic most of us would say and for David Fincher to create a film about Facebook and make it more than brilliant deserves an Oscar surely? But then the Coen Brothers and David O.Russell could win too and just..uggghhh I can't even go on..

Unfortunately I can't and don't have time to go through every category so for now I'm going to just mention 3 other important ones for me.

Best Animated Film
Toy Story 3
The Illusionist
How To Train Your Dragon


Now, I am setting myself a challenge to definitely watch How To Train Your Dragon by February 27th. I will watch the film because I wanted to see it in the cinema but never got the chance. (It has nothing to do with my Jay Baruchel obsession I once had). If I do watch it very soon I will watch The Illusionist too and make my decision but I have such a strong feeling Toy Story 3 will win it. Almost definitely just because nearly everyone's seen it, everyone loves it But you never know..

Best Score
How to Train Your Dragon – John Powell
Inception – Hans Zimmer
The King's Speech – Alexandre Desplat
127 Hours – A.R. Rahman
The Social Network – Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross 


My love for Film Scores has increased hugely over the last 3 or 4 years and everyone knows my love for Hans Zimmer. The Inception Score is brilliant and for anyone who hasn't listened to it, youtube some of the tracks now, especially 'Dream Is Collapsin', 'Half Remembered Dream', and if you can't listen to the whole Soundtrack, just listen to 'Time' and the last 30 or so seconds. The impact these seconds has on me is phenomenal. (Though you might have to see the film to see why in case you haven't)
But Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross with The Social Network score was just as good. 127 Hours has an impressive score and I downloaded all the tracks from it, but for me I think it's a competition between Inception and The Social Network. But again, obviously they are all worthy of winning the Oscar, hence why they are nominated.


Sadly I don't have to time to go through everything.
But here's the noms for Best Picture:

Black Swan
The Fighter
Inception
The Kids Are All Right
The King’s Speech
127 Hours
The Social Network
Toy Story 3
True Grit
Winter’s Bone


I've only seen 6 of these :( Hope to see them all soon but that's a bit of a stretch for me with exams and school work, but I'll try my best to see some.
I can't call it, no one can. I can't even tell you who I want to win because I don't know.
I guess, it's out of Inception or The Social Network. But honestly, who knows.


So that's the nominations for the 83rd Academy Awards this year. I will post all the winners after and will be sure to give my view. I just know that I'm more excited than ever and cannot wait to see everyone's lovely faces, beautiful dresses and happy smiles.


The 83rd Academy Awards will be held of 27th February 2011.


Sorry for the long and boring post.
I will be sure to blog again soon with something less boring and more exciting very very soon.






PS: If anyone didn't see, here are the nominations for this years Razzie awards
Cannot wait. I hope so much that Twilight wins and they go to collect their award.
There is a slim chance of this happening but let's all remember Sandra Bullock's marvellous speech for her Razzie last year because of All About Steve

She then went on to win Best Actress from The Blind Side, so it anything it's good luck!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...