Wednesday 2 January 2013

What I'm looking forward to: 2013 Film Preview

At first I had a list of about 24 films I was excited about seeing this year, but then narrowed it down to ten to create a blog post. In no particular order, here are ten films I'm very much looking forward to this year.

This Is 40
I liked Knocked Up don't get me wrong, but Leslie Mann and Paul Rudd's characters are the most entertaining thing about the film. I have been excited to see This Is 40 since I heard about the production.


Django Unchained
I am finally old enough to LEGALLY see a Tarantino film in the cinema- woo! And what better one to be my first than Django.



The Great Gatsby
Baz Luhrmann and The Great Gatbsy seem like they were made for each other.Vibrant, colourful and stunning with perfect casting all the way through. I'll eat my arm if this sucks.

 

Les Misérables
Disappointingly I don't know much about Les Mis. I know of it, of course (you'd be surprised who doesn't), but I don't know what to really expect other than death, love and lots of singing. I don't know if my heart will handle it, but I can't wait to find out.



Romeo And Juliet
x
Anyone who knows me knows I've been waiting for Hailee Steinfeld's next film since about five minutes after I saw True Grit. Romeo and Juliet is one of my favourite Shakespeare plays (for the drama, actually) and I love the style of this adaptation. It looks very traditional like the Franco Zeffirelli 1968 one which I adore.

The World's End
Edgar Wright. Simon Pegg. Nick Frost. Martin Freeman. Paddy Considine. End of the The Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy. Woo.

Monsters University
Seeing Monsters inc. 3D last year reignited my love for Sully and Mike. Pixar will not disappoint.


Kick-Ass 2
Loved Kick-Ass, and the sequel is greatly needed in my life.

Star Trek Into Darkness
Back in 2009 I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed Star Trek, having not seen previous Trek films. There's something J.J. Abrams does that gets to me, and the trailer for Into Darkness gave me a few goosebumps which can only be promising.


This Is The End
Seth Rogen, James Franco and Jay Baruchel have a special place in my film heart. This Is The End looks silly, stupid and hilarious. Love the idea of them playing themselves.




What films are you looking forward to in 2013?
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...