Sunday 13 February 2011

Tangled (2011)






Running Time: 100 Minutes
Directed By:
Byron Howard, Nathan Greno
Starring: (voice)Zachary Levi, Mandy Moore, Donna Murphy, Ron Perlman
Screenplay: Dan Fogelman
UK Release Date: 28th January 2011

Quick Plot: We all know the story of Rapunzel right? If not, then google it and learn it! A beautiful Princess with extremely long ,golden hair lives in a tall tower waiting to be rescued by her Prince charming and set foot out into the real world which she has been locked away from. Obviously, with this being Disney they have their own, lovely twist with their film.

Review: I am in dyer need of seeing a bad film now because giving this 5 stars looks bad! But I had to. I'm a sucker for anything Disney and I have wanted to see this film for ages so I had high hopes but it was even better! I had already listened to the soundtrack by Alan Menken who wrote a lot of the previous Disney Soundtracks too if I'm correct. This is also Disney's 50th ever Classic film, which gives me shivers just thinking about it. Being the 50th, it had a lot to live up to all the others and I think it did because it's perfect. I use the word beautiful a lot but this is what the film is. It's just stunning, the characters are original Disney, with the humour and the true love story that is with any Disney film. The animal characters I think were the best; a chameleon called Pascal and the horse, Maximus, both were so funny and good sidekicks. In the words of Claudia Winkleman on Film 2011 last week, the mother is 'so evil' it's just right on target. She's scary, vile and marvelous and her songs are fantastic and probably the best villain song ever in a Disney film. The song I See The Light has been nominated for lots of awards and I'm in love with it, with Zachary Levi and Mandy Moore's vocals it's so pretty. The character Flynn Ryder is brilliant, so big headed, ignorant at first and selfish, but always with a good heart and the perfect strong, bold, 'knight in shining' armour if you must. Don't let me go on about Rapunzel and Flynn because I'll be here all day explaining how their romantic storyline is so brilliant and beautiful and just...

Again I hate giving away plot lines and to be very honest, most of the story's twists I did not see coming but it was very much energetic and I loved so much hearing children laugh at it. I love seeing children films most of all because of hearing children giggle, 'aw' and gasp at them.
There is no other way to describe it, but it's the perfect 50th Disney Classic, the perfect 10th Disney Princess film and just the overall perfect film.
If you don't like Disney, then you would not like this, but anyone who likes Disney films, classic stories or children's animation films, you will love this. Fun for everyone and I can't wait to add it to my collection of Disney DVDs.





Tangled Official Trailer 1
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...